Budgerigar Society Hall of Fame Nomination Guidelines
BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE NOMINATION
Each year, the Budgerigar Society looks to recognise hobbyists who have made a significant and enduring contribution to the development of the budgerigar hobby by inducting them into the Budgerigar Society Hall of Fame. We honour those who have made a significant contribution without necessarily being previously recognised by other means, such as Honorary Life Membership, Budgerigar Society President, Silver Bird Award etc.
Without these inductees and their contributions, the hobby and our lives would not be the same. We owe these people our gratitude for providing us with inspiration and for laying the foundation for what is yet to come.
Individuals selected for induction will join other honoured budgerigar hobby members including administrators, product developers, manufacturers, hobby leaders and educators – some of the most outstanding people in our hobby. As a member of the Budgerigar Society, you have the power to nominate someone you believe has made a key difference to our hobby.
Hall of Fame nominees must have contributed in a significant way, either nationally or globally, to the growth and professionalism of the budgerigar hobby or hobby organisations including but not limited to the Budgerigar Society.
Nominees should have made significant contributions, beyond having successful hobby careers, that have notably helped advance the interests and image of the hobby and still be alive at the time of nomination.
Hall of Fame nominees should have a combination of the following characteristics:
· Have forever changed the hobby by developing an innovative product or technique that significantly improved the breeding and management of budgerigars
· Have a long history in the hobby
· Be a promoter of the hobby to the outside community and to hobbyists
· Be a visionary by identifying and articulating opportunity in the budgerigar hobby
· Contribute to change via Committee-level leadership or other important capacities in the Budgerigar Society or other hobby organisations
· Play a key role in hobby relations by bringing people together
· Have a national and global perspective
· Have an unimpeachable record of integrity and respect
· Be an educator by sharing experiences and knowledge both written and spoken as part of his/her overall responsibility to the hobby
1. In order to be considered for recommendation, nomination forms must be completed in their entirety; incomplete forms will be disqualified.
2. Pre-written or duplicated forms drafted or completed by someone other than the individual signing and submitting the nomination is not permissible and will result in a disqualification.
3. Each selection is based on the merit of the nominee, not by the number of nominations.
4. Nomination entries submitted by groups, such as clubs and societies, will be considered as one nomination.
5. Only nominations made by Budgerigar Society voting members will be considered; nominations from any members of a nominee’s immediate family or self-nomination will not be accepted.
6. The Hall of Fame Selection Committee will consist of the Budgerigar Society Board, which will in turn be ratified by the Budgerigar Society General Council and will review and complete an evaluation for each nominee.
7. Submissions should be no more than 250 words.
Nominations received by the deadline date each year will be reviewed and discussed by the Budgerigar Society Board and the Budgerigar Society General Council. Following the agreement of inductees, the announcement of new members to the Budgerigar Society Hall Of fame to be made at the Annual General Meeting, following which letters of congratulations are mailed to the inductees. An acknowledgement notice is sent to the members who submitted the nomination form for the new inductees.
Complete your nomination by filling out the paper form available from the BS Administrator or use the online form.
Nominations must be received by the Budgerigar Society Administrator by 31st December each year. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
The Budgerigar Society maintains a ‘photo gallery’ of all Hall of Fame members on-line at www.budgerigarsociety.com. In addition, inductees will receive recognition in the Society’s magazine, The Budgerigar and via the fancy press and other associated media.