The Budgerigar Society General Council have unanimously agreed to postpone the forthcoming General Council meeting, AGM and the Open Judges Meeting planned to be held in Lincoln on 2nd and 3rd May 2020. It is hoped to arrange a new date for these meetings once the coronavirus situation improves.
Meantime the Rule Change vote will proceed and members are encouraged to post their voting papers as soon as possible. The vote however will not be declared until the re-arranged AGM takes place.
Likewise the 95th Anniversary Convention over the weekend of 5th to 7th June in Stoke is also being postponed and potentially re-arranged for later in the year. Those members who have already booked and paid (in full or a deposit) for hotel rooms and/or dinner tickets via the Society will be contacted in writing. Those affected will be offered a refund or the opportunity to carry over the payment already paid to the re-arranged date.
With regard to the show season, the BS will not be amending its patronage as it will be up to the individual societies if they wish to proceed with their show. However, we would encourage all show organisers to follow the Government guidance around gatherings.This will obviously depend on the progress of the virus, when the show is due to be held, hall availability and other local conditions. However the General Council can guarantee that if a show is cancelled then the BS will honour the same level of patronage that the show currently receives.
The Society urges all members to keep safe. 16 March 2020.
Category: Uncategorized | Posted on 16/03/2020 by The Budgerigar Society