Annual General Meeting
Sunday 28th April 2013
Following the President’s address, the inauguration of the new President took place seeing Roy Aplin take over the coveted role. Charlie Bowman was instated as President Elect and Bev Hutt was appointed Vice President.
The Silver Bird award was accepted by Grant Findlay on behalf of Dave Whittaker who had given his apologies in advance of the meeting in view of a family celebration.
Subscription rates remain the same for 2014 at 2013 rates
The next AGM was set for 27 April 2014.
General Council Meeting
The following summarises the main points from the GC meeting on 27 April:
- BS Office – the existing telephone number for the office remains in use as well as the address and fax number. If the Society Administrator is not able to answer your call, please leave a message on the answer phone. All messages will be returned.
- BS Club Show – following a referral from the Club Show committee, the GC approved investment into the show in order to enhance the show experience in an attempt to increase attendees/exhibitors.
- BS Subscriptions – there will be a freeze on the cost of membership subscriptions for 2014. This is the first year in a long time since no increase was imposed on BS members.
- Rings – the price of BS rings is to increase by 1p in anticipation of increased costs of production.
- BS Office Letting – the BS office will be offered for rent on the open market via appointed commercial agents in the Northampton area.
- Appointment Costs – following the restructure of the administration roles, the remuneration to be paid under each role is confirmed as follows:
- Society Administrator – £12,000 pa
- Patronage Administrator – £1,500 pa
- Promotion Administrator – £7,500 pa
This presents significant cost savings from the previous administration and helps future proof the cash flow of the BS against increased costs and potential decline in subscription income.
- BS Website – the overhaul/replacement of the current website format is to be progressed.
- Vice President – Bev Hutt was put forward as nominee for the role of Vice President ahead of the AGM.
- Judges Meeting – a judges meeting is planned for 2014.
- New GC Board – the new GC Board elected by the members of the GC and tasked with the management of the GC and BS matters comprises the following: Maurice Roberts, Ghalib Al-Nasser, Richard Miller, Donald McCallum, Gren Norris, Terry Jukes and Bev Hutt. Michael Chapman will act as reserve member.
- B.S. National Patronage – the budgerigar show at Stafford is to be allocated the “B.S. National” status and Gold Patronage with the aim of promoting the exhibition hobby to a wider bird keeping audience.
- Silver Bird – Dave Whittaker is to receive the Silver Bird award.
Please ensure that all correspondence related
to Budgerigar Society Business including
Ring Orders is sent to:
The Budgerigar Society, Spring Gardens,
Northampton. NN1 1DR
Tel: 01604 624549
If nobody answers please leave a message and we will get back to you ASAP.
Any correspondence related to Budgerigar Society Patronage &
Champion Birds should be sent to:
Mr M Chapman, BS Patronage Administrator,
5, Mole Drove, Gedney Hill,
Nr Spalding, Lincs.
Dave Whittaker’s Retirement
Our Secretary/Treasurer Dave Whittaker retired from his post on 28th March after serving the society for 19 years. The reception for Dave’s retirement on 21st March at the B.S. Office went very well, although the number able to attend was disappointing, although understandable on a weekday.
Dave was very pleased with his gifts (glass vase obtained by Terry Jukes and the holiday voucher); Grant Findlay and Ghalib Al-Nasser both made short speeches prior to the presentation which we did with Michael Chapman. Following this Janice Al-Nasser & Beverley Hutt presented Lin (Dave’s wife) with a bouquet of flowers. It was good that Stephen Hughes of A.C. Hughes (society’s Ring Maker) was able to attend as well.
We all enjoyed the buffet provided by Janice Al-Nasser.
Left to Right
Janice Al-Nasser, Michael Chapman, Grant Findlay, Dave Whittaker, Beverley Hutt & Ghalib Al-Nasser.
Left to Right
Janice Al-Nasser, Lin Whittaker, Dave Whittaker & Beverley Hutt.
Group photo of all those who attended.
2012 Club Show
Best in Show and Best Any Age in Show
Gren & Pat Norris