2013 Budgerigar Society World Championship Show.
The Budgerigar Society Club Show Committee wishes to thank all members and exhibitors who have entered the 2013 BS Club Show being held on 16/17 November 2013. The total entry is 1896 which is slightly down by 70 entries on last year however there are 10 more exhibitors than last year. We look forward to welcoming as many members as possible at the Show
2013 Club Show
Best in Show and Best Any Age in Show
Goldenface Grey Cock
Richard & Michael Miller
Best Opposite Sex Any Age in Show
Cinnamon Grey Hen
Terry & Linda Jukes
Best Young Bird in Show
Don Rowell & Linda Heighton
Best Opposite Sex Young Bird in Show
Spangle Grey Green
Alan Thomas & Dai Wall
Result Sheets Download:-
Due to a technical problem on Saturday no result sheets were printed on this day a copy of the PDF’s of them are here to download and print.
You may find it easier to Right click and Save Target As… then open and Print.
Our Society Administrator, Grant Findlay, is now based, for Office purposes, at the address below which will be the official Society correspondence address on-going. There is also a new telephone number, however calls will still come through to this new number if members dial the old Northampton number, at no extra cost to the caller.
Likewise mail is still being redirected by Royal Mail from the Northampton address to the new Office address and this will continue until next April. Albeit this service does delay ring orders and other correspondence by some 2 to 3 days and with this in mind the new Ring Order forms will have the new address to avoid this happening going forward.
Society Administrator Office Address & Phone Number:-
The Budgerigar Society, 6 Toutie Street, Alyth, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH11 8BP.
Phone:- 01828 633030.
Any correspondence related to Budgerigar Society Patronage &
Champion Birds should be sent to:
Mr M Chapman, BS Patronage Administrator,
5, Mole Drove, Gedney Hill,
Nr Spalding, Lincs.
CORRECTIONS TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND MEMBERSHIP LIST – 2013
Page 18 FRONT RAIL that should read 70mm and not 7-mm. Also Perch Position should read 112mm apart and not 135.
Page 19 BOTTOM the measurement should read 514mm and not 515 mm the same as SIZE measurement of 514mm.
The following members were omitted in error from the list of Honorary Life Members on Page 42.
H2904 Mr Bryan Hindon, Swindon, Wiltshire - 1972.
S928 Mr K C Sutton, Birmingham - 1961.
W2225 Mr W H R Willis, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset – 1959
Page 24 Subsidiary Judges Panel – Correct phone number for Scott Ainley is 07803 302726.
Retired Judges Panel – add George Booth, Stourbridge, W. Midlands.
Please advise the Society Administrator if there are any further errors or corrections to be made.
The society’s thoughts & feelings are with our loyal member Mick Freeborn following his devastating theft of his whole exhibition stud of budgerigars. We ask all members to keep their eyes & ears open to try to catch the perpetrators of this criminal act (Mick’s Ring Number is FREB0).
We would also encourage all members to review their bird room security following this tragic act.
.From The General Council
Security Report – Budgerigar Theft – Southampton
Overnight 13/14 October 2013 thieves targeted a private bird house at Southampton, Hants and stole 400 top quality exhibition Budgerigars together valued at £60,000-00. This was a planned theft and well executed by a team of thieves. The collection has been developed over very many years consisting of birds of all colours. The birds have aluminium rings with the inscription ‘FREBO’ thereon. This is not an isolated incident and may be connected to other such burglaries in the Hampshire area and elsewhere. We appeal for any information as to the whereabouts of the birds and any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves. All breeders should be particularly vigilant at this time.
John Hayward National Theft Register Tel: 01869 325699 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Warning – Small Bird Species Thefts
Once again I must bring to notice the ever on-going and developing series of burglaries where whole collections of Budgerigars, Canaries and Finches are being stolen. These thefts are occurring all over the Country especially in Southern Counties. In recent times we have collated upwards of forty break-ins involving in excess of a thousand birds valued at many thousands of pounds.
The thieves are targeting bird-houses and aviaries to steal quality exhibition birds which is both devastating for the collections and for the owners alike. This is a most cruel and callous act against aviculture.
On no occasion has there been sufficient security at any of the attacked premises and the thieves are getting in and getting clean away. This has got to be addressed as we need to deter and detect those responsible from descriptions and any vehicles sighted.
We therefore recommend that all such breeders install alarms, CCTV and lighting along with security padlocks to prevent easy access to the birds.
There have been no witnesses to any such theft and the more often they evade detection, the more this trend will continue.
Please report any suspicious incident to my office in an effort to assist the Police in their investigations.
John Hayward National Theft Register, Tel: 01869 325699 Email: email@example.com
Press Release – Budgerigar Society Council Decisions October 2013
The following points were raised and decisions made at the Council meeting on 5th October:
- President Roy Aplin & Chairman Maurice Roberts welcomed Councillors to the meeting.
- A new Judges Nomination proforma for judging the Budgerigar Society Club Show is available from the B.S. Office for any individual member or society wishing to nominate judges for future Club Shows.
- An article giving background information on Country Wide Seed will be published in the next issue of The Budgerigar.
- The Council (GC) are looking into upgrading the BS website.
- Section judges for the Club Show will be Dave Cottrell, Gary Hale, Rick Watts & Dave Woan.
- All new innovations for the Club Show are listed in the schedule which can be downloaded from the BS website.
- The Budgerigar Society will celebrate its 90th Anniversary with a Convention in Stoke on Trent from 5th – 7th June 2015. Full programme of hotel, speakers & judges will be published in the January issue of The Budgerigar. It will be an international event as the WBO will be holding its annual meeting there.
- A Judges’ Meeting has been arranged for Saturday 26th April 2014 in Northampton. Amongst the subjects to be discussed will be the Longflights/Tails.
- Following consultation with the membership, the GC has agreed not to put forward the proposed Rule change to reduce the number of sections.
- The GC has agreed that the previously published new classification for 2014 onwards will stand and become effective as from the 2014 show season.
- Country Wide seed has agreed that the allocation of bags of seed/voucher can be decided by each show promoting society with effect from 2014 show season but must be published in the schedule.
- The GC is investigating the feasibility of plastic or other material show cages to run in conjunction with the current show cage.
- Progress updates were given by the three Administrators.
- Dave Hislop was appointed the 4th Society Trustee.
2012 Club Show
Best in Show and Best Any Age in Show
Gren & Pat Norris